Agnipath Scheme; Check Complete Details Here
Agnipath Scheme: Agnipath Scheme is a scheme introduced by the Indian Government on 14.06.2022, for the recruitment of soldiers below the rank of commissioned officers into the three services of the armed forces.
Key Features of the Agnipath Scheme
- Opportunity to serve the Nation as Agniveers through enrollment in the Armed Forces.
- Enrollment of all soldiers/ sailors and airmen through the Agnipath scheme.
- Pan India merit-based recruitment.
- Four years tenure.
- Attractive monthly emoluments and handsome “Seva Nidhi” package.
- Opportunity to apply for enrollment in a regular cadre.
- Based on merit and organizational recruitment, up to 25% of Agniveers can be selected as regular cadres through a central, transparent, rigorous system, after four years.
Other Details of the Agnipath Scheme
Age Limit for applicants from 17.5 years to 21 years.
Candidates will be enrolled under the respective service act for a service duration of four years including a training period.
Imparted rigorous military training in existing training centers.
Opportunity to serve the nation in varied terrain from mountains to desserts, on Land, Sea, or Air.
- 1st Year package approx. Rs. 4.76 lakhs
- Upgradation up to approx. Rs. 6.92 Lakhs in 4th year.
Risk & Hardship, Ration, Dress, Travel allowance as applicable.
30% of the monthly emoluments to be contributed by individuals, an equal amount matched & contributed by the Government, Corpus of Approx. Rs. 11.71 Lakhs after four years, exempted from Income Tax.
Non-Contributory life insurance cover of Rs. 48 Lakhs, Additional Ex Gratia of Rs. 44 Lakhs for death attribute to service & Pay for the unserved portion for up to four years including the ‘Seva Nidhi’ component.
Compensation based on % disability laid down by medical authorities & On time ex-gratia of Rs. 44/25/15 Lakhs for 100%/ 75%/ 50% disability, respectively.
- ‘Seva Nidhi’ package on completion of four years.
- Skill Gained Certificate.
- Centralised transparent screening based on merit-based and demonstrated performance during service.
- Agniveers can apply on a Volunteer basis to enroll in the regular cadre.
- On selection in a centralized, transparent and rigorous system.
- On enrollment in the regular cadre, pay fixed as regular soldier pension as per extant regulations.