This site is part of an affiliate sales network and is compensated for sending traffic to partner sites such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may affect how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all finance companies or all available finance offers.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for safer and more convenient travel.
A good sale for nonstop service to Vancouver.
ITA Software’s Matrix Airfare Search will be priced at $300 (Basic Economy) / $375 (Regular Economy). However, if you buy this as two ONE WAYs on jetBlue, you can buy it for $276 (Basic Economy) / $313 (Regular Economy)
The $313 fare is a regular economy fare that allows for carry-on baggage and full-size personal items, plus advance seat assignment.
JetBlue also has a $276 fare, but it’s a basic economy fare. jetBlue Basic Economy fares do not allow advance seat assignment. Also, regular sized carry-on luggage that does not fit under the seat is charged $65 per way + applicable gate control fees (but free if you have jetBlue Mosaic elite status).
Here are some practical tips for traveling to Vancouver.
Sign up for our Real Time Newsletter to receive economy class deals for your city within an hour prior to They’re even posted on our website and social media channels, all for around five cents a day.
Are you interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy offers? Subscribe to our Premium newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Travel date example:
- January 19 to 22, 2023
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability please follow the “Rate Availability” and “How to Find Availability” instructions below
Availability of rates:
- Valid for travel in early December or mid-January 2023 – early February 2023. Availability is limited. You must purchase at least 14 days before departure.
How to find availability:
- This is just to check availability. To purchase your tickets, scroll down to the “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use Matrix Airfare Search from ITA Software and use the following search criteria:
- Source: jfk
- Source advanced routing code:
- routing codes: b6
- extension codes:
- This tells ITA Software’s Matrix Airfare Software to look for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates in jet blue and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular cheap rate.
- Destiny: YVR
- Return advanced routing code:
- routing codes: b6
- extension codes:
- (Click the Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code entry)
- Select “See calendar of lowest rates”
- Duration “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7-day date range like 3-10, 7-14, etc.)
- Beginner’s Guide to Using Matrix from ITA Software
- How to read airfare rules and use them to your advantage
- The Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software search page should look like the following when all values are entered
- You cannot purchase tickets using ITA Software’s Matrix Airfare Search. To purchase, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- JFK – YVR (Vancouver) – JFK
How to buy:
- book on jet blue with dates found in ITA Software’s Matrix Airfare Search.
- Remember to buy it as TWO one way to get this price
JFK – Vancouver Segment – $131.80 (Basic Economy) / $169.4 (Regular Economy). jetBlue calls its Regular Economy as “Blue”
Vancouver – JFK Segment: $143.76 (Regular Economy). The Basic Economy segment is MORE than the Regular Economy fare. Basic economy is $151.11, so by default you should choose the regular economy option. The Regular Economy price after clicking on the Blue Basic price. jetBlue calls its Regular Economy as “Blue”
- TripAdvisor – One of the main hotel metasearch engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from over 200 sites.
- Rental Cars – One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator: the world’s largest marketplace for destination tours and activities
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC visa database
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD). $1 dollar = 1.34 Canadian dollars
Tips to save when using credit cards in international destinations:
For more information on the latest cheap flight deals to New York:
* The flight offer will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a reservation or request and are approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continued support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our Facebook page The Flight Deal, follow us on Twitter @ElFlightDealor subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or subscribe by email (once a day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about the offerings of third-party travel providers and link to their sites. The information published by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the providers and therefore do not guarantee that their offerings will not change or become unavailable. We are also not responsible for their products, services or site content. Please check their sites for the most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.