What documents are required to file ITR-2 Form for FY 2021-22?

What documents are required to file ITR-2 Form for FY 2021-22?

Income Tax Return Filing Due date is approaching for the FY 2021-22. The last date to file the ITR for the FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23) is 31st July 2022.

Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) who are not in the business or profession of any kind should file Form ITR-2. It can be used to file tax returns with the IT Department by Indian nationals and non-resident Indians both.

The ITR-2 form must be submitted if you plan to file your income tax returns.

Document Required to file ITR-2:

  • If you earn a salary, you’ll need Form 16 from your employer.
  • TDS certificates, ie, Form 16A provided by Deductors, are required if you have earned interest on fixed deposits or savings bank accounts and TDS has been deducted.
  • To verify TDS on salary and TDS other than salary, you’ll require Form 26AS. The e-Filing portal had Form 26AS available for download.
  • If you live in rental homes, you’ll need rent receipts to figure out your HRA (in case you have not submitted the same to your employer).
  • If you have any capital gains transactions in shares, you’ll require a summary or profit/loss statement of capital gain transactions in shares or securities during the year, if any, for capital gain computation.
  • To compute the amount of interest income, you’ll need your bank passbook and Fixed Deposit Receipts (FDRs).
  • If you have received rent from your rented dwelling property, you will need the following information: your tenant, local tax payment, and interest on borrowed capital (if any).
  • If you want to file a claim for a loss that occurred during the current year, you’ll need the supporting paperwork.
  • If you want to claim a loss from the prior year, you’ll need a copy of the ITR-V from that year that shows the loss.
  • You will also need documents or proofs for claiming tax saving deductions u/s 80C, 80D, 80G, 80GG such as life and health insurance receipts, donation receipts, rent receipts, receipts for tuition fees etc., if the same were not considered in your Form 16.


Leave a Comment